Do you’ve gotten a child in Greenville, SC who loves trains? Questioning the place to look at trains close to Greenville, SC? Or perhaps you are on the lookout for a train-themed playground or place to experience the prepare. All of us have that and extra! So get on board and take a look at our listing of locations to have enjoyable with trains.
For extra concepts on enjoyable issues to do, try our listing of issues to do outdoor in Greenville.
Watch trains go by in Downtown Greer, SC
Attributable to its proximity to the internal harbour, Greer city heart has a number of spots to view the various prepare tracks.
- From Victor Park you’ll be able to view some tracks. It has a playground, basketball courts, and a pop-up “little” library to maintain you entertained whilst you wait to look at a prepare.
- Throughout the highway at Greer Metropolis Park you’ll be able to see two different prepare tracks. This space has a playground, porch swings and restrooms.
- Commerce Avenue in downtown Greer is one other excellent spot to look at trains. On the monitor on the finish of the masonry sidewalk, subsequent to Greer Citizen’s workplace, trains cross frequently. Sit on a bench alongside Commerce Avenue for an amazing view! There are additionally a number of locations close to Commerce Avenue to seize a espresso, ice cream or lunch whilst you wait.
View trains and sea containers within the internal harbor
As talked about above, you’ll be able to drive up the highway on Freeway 290 heading west, the internal harbor will become visible. This can be a excellent spot to look at trains. There’s a place for a pullover on the intersection of 290 and Biblebrook Drive. From right here you’ll be able to be careful the window as trains enter and exit the harbor. You may as well see how sea containers are moved. A tower rolls forwards and backwards on the prepare and an enormous claw lifts the field up and down. Encourage your children to make use of their imaginations by imagining what’s in every field and the place every field goes.
Watch trains cross by in Spartanburg
Positioned simply outdoors of downtown Spartanburg, Irwin Avenue Park is a 14-acre gem. Solely a small avenue separates the park from the prepare tracks. You’ve got an ideal view of the playground or the picnic shelter.
Study trains, stroll in a caboose and see a mannequin prepare in Spartanburg
When you have a prepare fanatic in your loved ones, you will not need to miss a visit to the Hub Metropolis Railroad Museum in Spartanburg. There may be a lot to do, see and expertise. And since 40 trains nonetheless run by way of the museum day by day, you’ll positively see one prepare throughout your go to. Be taught extra particulars about visiting the Hub Metropolis Railroad Museum.
Journey a duplicate steam engine prepare at Heritage Park in Simpsonville
The Heritage Park Railway
- Saturday 10am – 6pm & Sunday 1am – 6pm
- $3 per ticket (youngsters below 2 years outdated experience without cost with an accompanying grownup)
- Climate allowing – Observe the city of Simpsonville on Fb for updates on closures
Miniature Practice Units and The place to Discover Them Close to Greenville
Do you take pleasure in watching the mannequin trains run by way of cute miniature cities and countryside? They’re enjoyable to take a look at and you may actually recognize the time and vitality it took to construct some fairly superb shows. Listed here are a number of locations the place you’ll be able to view mannequin prepare shows.
Mannequin prepare station at Taylors Mill
See a number of shows of shifting trains of various thicknesses. Admission is $10 for adults and $6 for youngsters (2 years and below free). As well as, they provide occasion area and birthday events. Near Christmas additionally, you will discover a Christmas prepare show.
Mannequin prepare station on the Taylors Mill
- Adults – $10 | Seniors (62+) – $8 | Army – $8
- Children (2-12) – $6
- Kids below 2 – FREE
Bonus: Hendersonville, NC Apple Valley Mannequin Railroad
- Head to Hendersonville and you may view a number of giant shows of mannequin trains each indoors and out on the Apple Valley Mannequin Railroad Membership. Admission is totally free, however opening hours are at the moment restricted to Saturday and Wednesday. Try our assessment of the Hendersonville, NC Apple Valley Mannequin Railroad.
Locations Your Baby Can Play on a Practice Close to Greenville, SC
- The splash pad of the prepare monitor behind the Lazy Goat at Falls Park is open from April 1 – October 1 from 8 AM – 10 PM (briefly closed for repairs)
- The miniature prepare play construction at Cleveland Park in Greenville. Hike the Swamp Rabbit Path and you will find it close to the playground in Cleveland Park.
- The Caboose Backyard within the SC Botanical Gardens in Clemson.
- Railcar on the Swamp Rabbit Practice close to Furman.
- Railcar on the Swamp Rabbit Path at Sulfur Springs Street
Practice-themed locations to eat close to Greenville
Places in Easley and Greer have prepare themed interiors and a whistle for the children to press.
The Whistle Cease at The American Cafe
Learn our listing of enjoyable issues to do in Vacationers Relaxation, together with extra details about The Whistle Cease!
Duncan . household restaurant
Whereas not a prepare themed restaurant, this Duncan institution can be proper on the monitor. With a well-timed dinner and a desk by the entrance nook window – it is like dinner and a present. Plus, it would not harm that the meals is sweet, low-cost and kid-friendly! You could possibly dine right here after watching trains in Greer or within the internal harbour.
Trains across the holidays
As the vacation season approaches, so does the season for The Polar Categorical. Listed here are some locations to take pleasure in trains across the holidays. Some are situated in Greenville and a few could also be a number of hours drive outdoors of city.
The Polar Categorical on the Nice Smoky Mountain Railroad
45 Mitchell Avenue, Bryson Metropolis
The associated fee varies relying on the season and ticket stage: $43-$93 for adults, $29-$69 for youngsters 2-12 years outdated, $0-$26 for youngsters 0-23 months
The Polar Categorical on the NC Transportation Museum
1 Samuel Spencer Drive, Spencer
In addition to driving the Polar Categorical prepare, after the experience you’ll be able to watch a miniature prepare and luxuriate in prepare and vacation crafts and video games.
The associated fee varies relying on the season and ticket stage: $40-$50 for adults, $34-$44 for youngsters 2-12 years outdated
Prospects to purchase 2-6 individual desk tops
Mannequin prepare station at Taylors Mill
250 Mill Avenue, Taylors
Close to Christmas you will see that a particular Christmas show case for mannequin trains.
Trains outdoors town
South Carolina Railroad Museum
110 Industrial Park Street, Winnsboro
- Distance from Greenville: about 1.5 hours
- Practice fares vary from First Class, Coach, Caboose and Open-Air automobiles.
- A particular occasion is the Pumpkin Patch Categorical in October, Santa trains on Saturdays in December, and the Easter Bunny Eggspress runs each spring. See the web site for particular instances and extra data!
Apple Valley Mannequin Railroad Membership
650 Maple Avenue, Hendersonville
- Distance from Greenville: about 1 hour
- Over 2000 toes of prepare monitor
- Free entry however donations accepted
300 Tweetsie Railroad Lane, Blowing Rock
North Carolina Arboretum
100 Frederick Regulation Olmsted Manner, Asheville
Books to your baby who loves trains
Listed here are some nice books about trains that will be good for preschoolers. Yow will discover these books within the Greenville or Spartanburg library, however they’re additionally books price including to your assortment!
This listing accommodates Amazon affiliate hyperlinks.
Freight Practice by Donald Crews – This ebook is ideal for babies and is available in a cardboard ebook format.
Locomotive by Brian Floca – This image ebook is a Caldecott winner.
The Little Engine That Might by Watty Piper
The place are your favourite locations to see the magic and surprise of trains?
#baby #trains #Greenville