Table of Contents
Should you’re in search of a change of surroundings that feels such as you’ve traveled the world however solely used a tank of fuel, Helen, Georgia is the proper place to go. This quaint mountain city in northern Georgia is a enjoyable place to go to it doesn’t matter what time of yr you determine to go. Helen gives tubing in the summertime, Oktoberfest within the fall, and loads of actions that remember German tradition. We have now all the data it’s essential to plan your journey!
Take a look at this neighboring city that additionally makes for an ideal weekend getaway! Plan a visit to Blairsville, within the Georgia Mountains
This text incorporates:
Oktoberfest in Helen, GA
Tubing in Helen, GA
Mountain climbing in Helen, GA
Eating in Helen, Georgia
The place to remain in Helen, GA
Different Particular Occasions in Helen, GA
Bavaria in Georgia?
Bavaria, in the course of the mountains of Georgia, is smart, does not it? It did so in 1968 with a handful of native businessmen making an attempt to determine how you can revive this small mountain city. The thought was nicely obtained by the town and now, some 50 years later, it’s Georgia’s third most visited metropolis. With all of the issues to do on this small city, it is no marvel folks maintain coming again.
Issues to Do in Helen, Georgia
Oktoberfest 2022 in Helen
One of many two largest sights in Helen is their annual Oktoberfest. This conventional German pageant is without doubt one of the longest working within the nation, lasting virtually two months. The pageant features a parade, modern Bavarian music, meals and naturally a Biergarten. The festivities run from Thursday to Sunday through the month of September and every day through the month of October.
Admission is $8 per particular person Monday by means of Friday, $10 on Saturday, and free on Sunday. Youngsters underneath 6 are free and youngsters aged 6-12 are half value. That is solely to entry the festivities, all foods and drinks is further.
September 8 -11 (Thu – Solar)
September 15 -18 (Thu – Solar)
September 22 – 25
September 30 – October 30
Tubing on the Chattahoochee River
Tubing in Helen Georgia is extraordinarily common and runs from Memorial Day to Labor Day. There are two firms serving the Chattahoochee River in Helen, and every gives a shuttle service and related tubing adventures.
- Cool River Tubing- Cool River Tubing gives inexpensive tubing charges ($14 Monday – Friday; $18 on weekends and holidays) so anybody ages 3 and older can get pleasure from a experience down the river. Cool River additionally gives a 1.5-hour experience or a 2.5-hour experience to select from. The on-site Chattahoochee Outpost gives altering rooms, lockers, ice cream and a present store. They even maintain your keys for you thru their Key Saver service which comes with the acquisition of your tickets. Ticket costs embrace the tube, tube tires, key service, life jackets and a shuttle experience. The Kidding Round Cool River Tubing Overview has extra particulars on how you can use the Cool River Tubing Firm.
- Helen Water Park & Tubing- Helen Tubing gives an inexpensive price per particular person ($14 Monday – Friday; $18 on weekends and holidays), together with an age restriction of two years and older. Lockers aren’t out there, so pack your belongings calmly, particularly when you have babies. Remember to deliver life jackets or put together to hire them for youngsters 13 and underneath. Toddlers can get pleasure from snakes on their guardian’s lap or sitting in an interior tube. You possibly can even deliver your canine for the journey, however they’ll want a separate tube. Be ready for a 2.5 hour experience on the river. Should you’re nonetheless within the water temper after that, you should purchase passes to the water park for an extra price.
Issues to Know Earlier than Tubing in Helen, GA
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited on the river inside Helen Metropolis limits. Coolers are additionally not allowed on the river and every tuber is allowed as much as a 32 oz water bottle. The native PD patrols and enforces the principles and a violation means a heavy superb.
- Push sticks are a should that will help you loosen your tube when it’s caught on a rock. Purchase one domestically (those at Cool River are $5) or deliver one from residence.
- Name the morning you intend to go, earlier than heading out. If rain has induced the river to swell, it may have drastic penalties for the way tubers are allowed to enter the river that day, together with will increase in age limits.
- You will notice orphaned slippers floating within the river. I misplaced just a few that means. Water sneakers might be bought on the Cool River Outpost for as little as $10, or choose up a pair domestically.
- Straps are provided to carry two tubes collectively. It is suggested to connect not more than two.
- A water-resistant cellphone case is well worth the lower than $10 funding to maintain your machine secure.
- Youngsters underneath the age of 12 should put on a Coast Guard accepted life jacket always, adults aren’t. Each firms present these for anybody who needs to make use of one.
Parking within the middle of Helen
Parking on the tubing firms is simply allowed whereas tubing. Should you’re venturing into the center of Helen and want to maneuver your automotive, the most suitable choice is the city-owned lot on the nook of Chattahoochee and Edelweiss. The price is simply $5 (some non-public locations cost extra) for the entire day, and the income generated goes again into growing and sustaining the parks.
Eat, Sleep and Stroll round Helen, Georgia
Locations to Hike and Discover Close to Helen Georgia
Georgia State Park, Hardman Farm– As you enter Helen, drive previous The Sautee Nacoochee Indian Mound at Hardman Farm. Providing 173 acres to discover, the park consists of the Indian Burial Mound, a dairy farm, and the historic mansion final owned by a former governor of Georgia, after whom the park is called. The park is open March by means of December, and admission begins at $6. Test the Hardman Farm Historic Web site occasions calendar for enjoyable issues to do throughout your go to.
Unicoi State Park is simply minutes from Helen and gives so many actions within the park you’ll virtually assume you’re in a resort! Practically each kind of out of doors exercise is on provide, together with zip-lining, kayaking, mountain biking, archery, paddle boarding, fly fishing, mountaineering, and a GPS scavenger hunt. Additionally they have Go Professional Hero cameras for hire so you’ll be able to seize your adventures to maintain as a memento.
Locations to Dine in Helen, Georgia
There are various eating choices in Helen. Most of the native eating places embrace German tradition by utilizing genuine German meals on their menus. Remember to take a look at The Troll Tavern, situated alongside the river, which guests will discover charming and genuine, serving each American and German dishes. Additionally really useful is Lake Constance for his or her scrumptious conventional German dishes, together with pretzels with beer cheese and schnitzel! Should you’re in search of a candy tooth, Hofer’s Bakery and Cafe serves German meals and “consolation meals.”
If you wish to benefit from the open air throughout your meal, pack a picnic and head to Riverside Park. Situated simply above the Cool River outpost, it has a playground, picnic shelter, and restrooms. It’s the good place to have lunch and watch different tubers drifting down the river.
The place to Keep in Helen, Georgia
Helen’s handy distance to the Upstate means you’ll be able to have a fun-filled day with out having to remain in a single day. Nevertheless, when you select to remain in a single day in Helen, you might have loads of choices. There are a number of chain accommodations, such because the extremely regarded Hampton Inn Helen and native accommodations such because the Bavarian-style lodge The Helendorf River Inn and Suites.
If you wish to camp close to Helen, you’ll want to take a look at the tenting and lodging choices at Unicoi State Park and Lodge, together with barrel cabins! This lodge has loads of out of doors actions, a seaside for swimming, eating choices and extra. Take a look at our evaluate of our barrel cabin keep at Unicoi Lodge.
Use this map to search out extra nice locations to remain. This card incorporates STAY22 affiliate hyperlinks. KA earns whenever you e-book by means of these hyperlinks.
Annual Festivals in Helen Georgia
Helen additionally celebrates a number of different annual occasions, together with Fasching, the Barbara’s model of Mardi Gras, Christmas, and New Yr’s Eve. View Helen Georgia’s calendar of occasions.
What are you enthusiastic about doing in your journey to this picturesque city within the Georgia Mountains?
#Plan #journey #Helen #Georgia #time #yr