You solely want three fundamental elements to make these simple and scrumptious 3-ingredient peanut butter banana bars! These candy and chewy little bars are comprised of entire meals, so your youngsters get a balanced and nutritious snack.
As you browse the snack bar aisle within the retailer, a couple of issues come to thoughts. First off, the choice is REALLY BIG. You in all probability have dozens of bars to select from.
Second (and disappointingly!) the bars are nearly all comprised of extremely processed and extremely sweetened elements. That is true even for the manufacturers that promote themselves as ‘wholesome meals’. We prefer to make our personal snack bars – those which are easy, entire and nutritious.
These 3-ingredient bars have the candy style and attraction of a store-bought bar, however they’re ONLY made with peanut butter, oats, and bananas (plus a couple of non-compulsory toppings!) with on a regular basis elements, we expect you will love them. discover.
Why we love these home made snack bars
- With solely three elements within the batter, making these bars is fast and simple. Even your youngsters can do it!
- Peanut butter, bananas and oats present a stability of carbohydrates, proteins and fat so you already know your youngsters are consuming a snack that helps them.
- The toppings are fully customizable. From nuts and seeds to sprinkles and chocolate chips, the probabilities are yours to discover!
- They’re freed from added sugars (not counting these in chocolate chips) however they style like dessert!
Elements to Make Peanut Butter Banana Bars
As you may need guessed from the recipe title, there are solely 3 elements in these yummy home made snack bars. You may add further toppings if you wish to make them further tasty and differ!
- bananas – use ripe bananas. The riper, the sweeter your bars will probably be.
- peanut butter – we like to make use of creamy peanut butter for this recipe. You should use crunchy peanut butter in case you like the additional crunchy texture!
- Oats – quaint oats work finest with their chewy texture for these bars.
Tips on how to make peanut butter banana bars with 3 elements
If there’s something easier than the elements in these bars, it is the directions on easy methods to make them. Do not blink otherwise you’ll miss them:
- Combine mashed bananas with peanut butter and oats.
- Press the batter right into a baking dish.
- Sprinkle over the toppings.
It is really easy!
Can You Freeze 3 Elements Peanut Butter Banana Bars?
Sure! These bars freeze nicely. Merely slide a sq. of parchment paper between every bar so they do not stick, then slip them right into a one-gallon zippered freezer bag. You may freeze them for as much as 3 months.
Extra wholesome snack recipes
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, darkish
Preheat the oven to 350°F and line the underside of an 8 x 8 inch glass dish with parchment paper. (We additionally used our fingers to grease the edges of the bowl with coconut oil.)
Mash the bananas and blend them with the oatmeal and peanut butter.
Divide the dough evenly within the ready dish and sprinkle with walnuts and chocolate chips. Flippantly press the nuts and chocolate into the bars.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or till an inserted toothpick comes out clear. Let cool within the pan for 20 minutes, then slide a spatula below the parchment paper and thoroughly place the entire uncut strip on a wire rack to chill additional. (You may reduce the bars at this level and eat them heat! The extra time you give them to chill, the better it is going to be to chop.)
Energy: 200kcal † Carbohydrates: 27g † Egg white: 7g † Fats: 8g † Saturated fats: 2g † Sodium: 35mg † Fiber: 4g † Sugar: 5g
I’m a registered dietitian, mom of 4, avid meals lover and powerful promoter of wholesome habits. Right here you’ll discover a number of scrumptious recipes stuffed with fruit and veggies, suggestions to assist your youngsters eat higher and change into intuitive eaters, and many assets to feed your loved ones.
Extra details about Natalie
#3Ingredient #Peanut #Butter #Banana #Bars